WHAT ARE SOME INDICATIONS FOR MASSAGES ?
Through careful touch, breathing, a sense of safety, massages communicate their positive effects to all your vital systems and harmonize your body functions. Muscular, skeletal, nervous and digestive systems.. circulation of blood and lymph… They restore movement where there is stasis, bring quiet and softness where there is stimulation and exhaustion. Yet note that Emy’s massages are non therapeutic, well-being massages – they are not suited for serious conditions. Their aim is not to “cure” you, rather to support your life’s capacity to sustain itself, to empower you. Therefore they have a wide range of effects and indications.
They may pick you up when you experience :
- Soreness, pain, in the muscles, tendons, joints (without incapacitation and in the absence of serious condition or fever)…
- Emotional upsets, anger, sadness and grief…
- Anxiety, angst, panic attacks,
- Sleep disorders, insomnia, nightmares…
- Resignation, boredom, dullness, lack of libido, lack of self-esteem….
- Common benign or seasonal ailments (headaches, constipation, ..)…
- Big Changes in your personal and family life : Loss of someone dear, break ups. .Fertility treatments, Pregnancy, Birth.. New professional orientation..
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (with mood swings, sadness, bloating, tender breasts, digestive disorders,…)
- Fatigue, physical and mental. Chronic Stress. Prevention or recovery from Burnout – alongside medical and psychological care only (Burnout is a serious medical condition)
- Trauma – as auxiliary to your well-being and recovery, provided you are conjointly receiving the medical and/or psychological care you need
- Chronic conditions – as a well-being auxiliary to pacify and soothe you, bring reassurance and improved quality of life during heavier or longer treatments with other professionals (with their approval when there are no contra indications)
- For your General well-being, greater physical and emotional resiliency, Prophylaxis.
- Recovery after an illness
- Solitude, isolation
WHEN ARE MASSAGES NOT INDICATED ?
Please visit the Precautions and Deontology page !
Inform Emy about your health condition. In some cases there are still ways she can work with and around some pathologies, choosing and adapting her techniques. If there are any doubts or discomforts she will not work, and in any case she will do her best to redirect you towards professionals with the competence you need.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY SESSION ?
Avoid the consumption of psycho-actives, alcohol, or big feasts before your massage, but if you do eat, make it a light meal. Please read the Precautions and Deontology. To make the most of your session, bring comfortable warm clothes you will enjoy putting back on after your massage, so you can continue to feel good in your own skin, and be protected from cold, humidity, heat / sunshine.
If the massage is taking place at your home, be sure that the room you have chosen is ready to work in when Emy arrives, according to indications given over the phone at the time of booking. Thank you for locking the pets in a different room during the session !
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER MY MASSAGE ?
Ideally, what-ever you want, and only that : nothing, dance, have creative breakthroughs, or sleep 🙂 When possible, keep an agenda free of stress, annoyances, or burdensome tasks or people for at least a couple of hours following your session. Drink lots of water, listen to your body and mind’s reactions to the massage, and read them as cues about how the rest of your day should go. Avoid showering right away (better before!) so you can benefit from the oils longer.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RECEIVE MASSAGES ?
Given there are no contra-indications, as often as you want ! A single massage can move you profoundly, bring about an epiphany, and last you very long – a lifetime why not ?! Generally speaking, massages are great companions of everyday life, they work best when integrated to your routine, like for example, the practice of sport. Daily, weekly, monthly or bi-monthly… Some people like a massage with the change of seasons, after a period of intense crazy work, after a sports session, and some like a massage when they feel their skin has become hungry for care. There are no rules ! Finally, some situations or states do naturally call for greater frequency and massages sessions closer to another, in which case Emy will advise you.
WHAT IF I WANT TO RECEIVE (MORE) MASSAGES BUT CANT AFFORD THEM ?
In case of limited resources feel free to bring the matter up with Emy, and you might find a solution. She generally has an Open Price* offer in place in the town where she works.
A nice complementary option for more massages in your life is to Do It Yourselves ! Be on the lookout for massage workshops, where you and your friends can learn some simple but powerful basics ! You can also gather a group of friends and ask Emy for a workshop just for you.