(last updated Dec 6th 2020)
What I do
At the massage salon, I find balance in the following precautions, many of which are part of the job:
- I will cancel or reschedule your session if my health is not good
- I will wait a couple of days before receiving clients after my convalescence, if necessary, or if I learn that I have been in contact with a contagious disease.
- In times of epidemic, if relevant (respiratory vector disease) I wear a mask during the session for our close exchanges, including during the massage.
- I wash my hands of course, several times during the session, from the greeting to your exit.
- I am taking fewer sessions at the moment (covid epidemic), to space them out more, which allows me to ventilate the room well between two clients, to change the individual sheets and dispose of protections, to disinfect surfaces … and to put myself back in good condition for massage.
- I don’t do house calls in Paris at the moment.
- I don’t massage the face below the forehead at the moment
- I suggest that individuals, especially those who have been identified as being more vulnerable to COVID infection, to consider the risks they wish to take, or not to take, in coming to my salon for a massage at this time.
- I will let you know if I become ill-contagious or if I learn that someone from the clientele has become ill close to your own session.
What I ask you as a wellness massage client
- It will be necessary to wait or reschedule your session if you are ill (from covid or other), if your physical or psychological condition does not currently allow you to receive massages: please consult the list of precautions and contraindications before booking.
- Move your session to at least one week later if you have symptoms identified as characteristic of covid (cough, loss of sense of smell…), or other contagious disease (e.g. flu, cold, scabies), even without fever.
- If you have been in contact with a contagious disease such as covid or other, if you have recently taken part in a large group of very close people during an epidemic, would you please mention it or even wait a bit before coming to a session?
- Notify me immediately if you declare a contagious disease in the days following your session, or if you learn that you have been in contact with a contagious disease.
- I will invite you to carefully put away or throw away your street mask when you arrive and then to put on a new one (which I provide) for our close exchanges, to wash your hands well, etc. With some rare exceptions (great discomfort, some specific type of bodywork… ), I will ask you at this time to keep the mask during your massage, which I will also do.
These precautions taken together are a modest way to create a healthy space of trust and a serene balance of responsibility for everyone coming in and out of the salon. But the massage experience is also a welcome opportunity to let go, to let go of what restrains life, its movements. In life as in massage, let’s not forget that we can never, nor should we, control everything. That is okay.
Thank you for your understanding and your renewed trust.